Terms & Conditions
About Tara Lois Jewellery’ Terms and Conditions
Tara Lois Jewellery will be referred to as “Tara Lois Jewellery”, “us” or “we” throughout these terms and conditions, and linked pages. Users of this website will be referred to as “you” or the “user.
By using the taraloisjewellery.com website, you agree to the following terms and conditions. You should read and acknowledge the following terms and conditions before using or interacting with this website. At our own discretion, Tara Lois Jewellery holds the right to change or update these terms and conditions, and any other related policy, therefore you should check these pages each time you visit this website. Any changes made will have an immediate effect, and your continuance to use this website will constitute your agreement to such changes. If you do not agree to Tara Lois Jewellery’s terms and conditions, or related policies, please do not proceed to use this website.
Queries regarding the use of this site, or of any other nature relating to Tara Lois Jewellery, should be emailed to email@example.com.
1 Use of taraloisjewellery.com
1.1 As outlined, your use of this site is your agreement to these terms and conditions.
1.1.1 These terms and conditions, as well as your use of this website, are according to and governed by Maltese law. Any legal action arising from the misconduct of these terms and conditions or otherwise will be filed in Maltese courts. By using this website, you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of Maltese courts over any legal proceeding, legal action or lawsuit arising from use of this website or Tara Lois Jewellery’ terms and conditions.
1.1.2 Tara Lois Jewellery will not, under any circumstance, be liable for any indirect, consequential, or incidental damage of any kind.
1.2 Tara Lois Jewellery is the owner and licensee of:
- Intellectual Property including (but not limited to) the Tara Lois Jewellery logo, designs, text, copy, graphics, original photographs and so on, known as “materials”
- Credit is given to materials originating from other sources when applicable.
- Users are granted access to our site materials, which (unless otherwise stated) can be electronically copied or printed, when use is strictly personal and non-commercial.
1.3 As per the European Union Copyright Directive 2001 and other applicable Maltese and European law, Tara Lois Jewellery has the right to terminate sessions or bar users at our sole discretion, when users infringe the outlined terms, conditions and policies.
1.4 Content and information on this website may be sourced from third parties. To the fullest extent permitted by Maltese law, Tara Lois Jewellery will not be held liable for third party information, which may include inaccuracies or errors. See 3.2.1. for more information on third party content including (but not limited to) pricing.
- Links to third party websites or contact details should be opened with caution, and at your own risk. Although Tara Lois Jewellery feels the third parties we work with or mention are usually trustworthy, we cannot control, monitor or ensure the safeness of third-party websites, content, links, information or other products of third parties. We accept no liability for damages caused by such third-party links or information.
- Navigating of and actions taken on this website
- Browser type
- IP address
- Selections you make
2 Ordering, Payment and VAT
2.1 Any order placed with Tara Lois Jewellery, including via the website, over the telephone or in person, is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with these terms and conditions. Tara Lois Jewellery reserve the right to reject an order.
2.2 Tara Lois Jewellery reserve the right to include images and descriptions of any
jewellery sold by us, including bespoke custom-made jewellery, in any marketing
medium including but not limited to this website, social media, print and promotional
2.3 Tara Lois Jewellery accept payment via the following methods, and are able to reject payments that do not comply with the following list:
- VISA debit and credit card
- MasterCard and Maestro
- Bank transfer
- Cash payments
2.4 Tara Lois Jewellery do not have the facilities to offer payment plans.
2.4.1 At your time of order, a minimum non-refundable deposit of 30% will be taken from you. This is subject to change.
2.4.2 If your order is for bespoke custom-made jewellery a further 30% is payable when you agree a design. This is subject to change where the design requires the purchase of expensive precious metals or gemstones.
2.4.3 We expect you to pay the complete and full amount upon collecting your order or before delivery. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your point of contact with queries if you feel your circumstance may be different.
2.5 All prices displayed on our website, displayed in-store or quoted to you exclude any delivery costs.
2.6 All prices displayed on our website, displayed in-store or quoted to you include Value Added Tax (VAT). Purchases made within the European Union and then exported outside of the European Union may be exempt from VAT, and can therefore be reimbursed as per the Export Scheme. When purchases are made in-store, we are able to supply the appropriate form. The completion of this form and its correct use is your own responsibility.
2.6.1 In some instances, customers living outside of the European Union will not be able to reclaim UK VAT on purchases made when visiting. Products exempt from VAT refunds include (but are not limited to) unmounted gemstones and bullion. Please check your purchase is qualifiable before attempting to reclaim VAT.
2.6.2 For your VAT to be refunded by Tara Lois Jewellery, you must ensure your VAT refund form has been stamped at the VAT refund desk appropriately. The form should then be returned to Tara Lois Jewellery for us to process the refund.
2.7 Refunds will be issued via your original method of payment.
3.1 We aim to keep any information on this website as accurate as possible, but will not be held accountable for errors, typographical error, human error or error due to technical issues. In the event pricing information is incorrect or outdated, we reserve the right to change and correct such prices. In such instances, we will not honour sales based on the incorrect pricing.
3.2 In some instances, Tara Lois Jewellery may include information from third parties on this website. We are not responsible for the accuracy, reliability, trustworthiness or any other factor of this information. This information may include (but is not limited to) pricing. To the fullest extent permitted by Maltese law, Tara Lois Jewellery will not be held liable for third party content or information.
3.3 Tara Lois Jewellery reserves the right to change our pricing without prior notice. Changes made to pricing will have immediate effect, unless otherwise stated. This will not affect previous purchases or prices already agreed. In some instances, however, prices may differ from quotations due fluctuating markets and subsequent costs. In such an event, you will be informed by your point of contact at Tara Lois Jewellery.
3.4 Any price reductions will be made at the sole discretion of Tara Lois Jewellery and Tara Lois Jewellery’ sales staff. As we already offer a high value for money on our products, price reductions are unlikely. Occasionally, Tara Lois Jewellery may hold certain promotions or competitions, particularly for returning customers. Please look out for these on our website.
4.1 On occasions when customers cannot pick up their order in person, a delivery service is available. We send orders via Malta Post Special Delivery and Gozo Express (DHL) courier, both tracked and signed for, for proof of delivery. Please be aware you may be required to send proof of identity before shipment, and will be required to sign for your delivery. It is therefore important that you are available to receive the delivery in person or should specify an alternative arrangement. Please contact us on email@example.com to discuss delivery services in more detail.
4.1.1 Deliveries are fully insured against losses, damages, and theft in transit.
4.1.2 Although we make every attempt to deliver goods within the estimated timeframe, there is a possibility unforeseen circumstances may delay delivery. Tara Lois Jewellery do not warrant or guarantee the delivery date, and shall have no liability to you for any loss, damage, expenses or other claims that you may incur as a result of a delayed delivery.
4.1.3 Upon receiving your delivery, you become the sole owner of the item, and the item is held at your own risk. We are not liable for loss, damage or destruction once received by you.
4.1.4 The packaging we use for deliveries is discreet, and we do not write phrases such as ‘Tara Lois Jewellery’ or ‘jewellers’, for security and discretion purposes. We ask that, in the event of returning an order by post, you do not write phrases on the packaging that could indicate the value of the contents. Instead, the package should be addressed to your point of contact (not ‘Tara Lois Jewellery’), followed by our store address. You can find out more information in our Returns Policy section.
5 Data Protection and Information Supplied by You
5.1 In the course of its business, Tara Lois Jewellery needs to gather and use certain information about individuals. This will include clients, suppliers and other business contacts, and employees and prospective employees, as well as other people that we have a relationship with, may need to contact, or with whom we need to deal.
5.3 Some clients may supply written or video testimonials which will be deemed to have the client’s permission for use on the website, social media or other promotional material unless expressly stated otherwise.
6 Contacting Tara Lois Jewellery
6.1 Should you wish to discuss any topics within these terms and conditions, or have any other queries regarding Tara Lois Jewellery, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
7 Tara Lois Jewellery’ Returns and Cancellation Policy
7.1 Tara Lois Jewellery hopes that you are happy with your purchase. However, in the unlikely event you are unhappy with your purchase the following returns policy applies:
- Products must be returned within 7 days of delivery
- Products must be unworn, undamaged, and in saleable condition
- For hygiene reasons, earrings (and other pierced jewellery) cannot be returned
- Your item must be returned with all supporting paperwork it came with, including any certificates of authenticity, gemology certificates or gemstone grading reports
- The jewellery must not be missing any of its original parts including diamonds or gemstones
- The jewellery must not have been adjusted by any other jeweller or anyone else
- Bespoke commissions, personalised items or engraved items are excluded from our returns policy, unless faulty
7.2 If your purchase meets the above criteria a refund will be issued within 28 days of return.
7.3 If you have lost your gemmology certificate, this can be replaced, however, the process to replace a certificate is lengthy and expensive, therefore we reserve the right to deduct a £350 fee per certificate to cover the costs if your jewellery is returned.
7.4 Items found to be damaged or defective prior to you receiving your item (and through no fault of your own) can be repaired or replaced, or you will be fully refunded.
7.5 If you are unsure whether your jewellery can be returned, please ask your Tara Lois Jewellery point of contact, or email email@example.com
7.6 Bespoke purchases:
7.6.1 As stated above bespoke commissions, personalised or engraved items are excluded from our returns policy, unless faulty. If you chose to cancel your purchase during the design or production stage, you may incur costs.
8 Preparing your return
8.1 Returns can be made in person, or via delivery. To return an item in person, please book an appointment. For returns via delivery, we ask you follow these important steps to return your Tara Lois Jewellery purchase.
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your consultant directly to discuss your return. You must do this before returning your item.
- When confirmed with your Tara Lois Jewellery point of contact, you should package your item with original packaging. This must include your certificates/gemmology certificates/diamond grading certificate.
- You should avoid writing anything on the package or within the address that alludes to the value of the package contents, including ‘Tara Lois
- Jewellery’, ‘jewellers’ or ‘diamonds’. Instead address the package as following: ‘“name of your consultant”, 82a Triq Marsalforn, Xaghra, Gozo, Malta’
- We ask you return items within the Recorded Delivery, making sure the package is tracked and insured. You should also obtain proof of posting. For orders returned from outside the UK, you should choose a reputable courier of your choice, ensuring the package is tracked, and obtain proof of dispatch and insurance.
8.2 Tara Lois Jewellery reserves the right to reject a return if the above steps are not carefully followed, and is therefore not liable to repair, replace or refund the item. Any previously replaced jewellery or newly set rings are non-returnable and non-exchangeable.
8.3 Please make sure your jewellery fits the above criteria before returning, or check with your point of contact at Tara Lois Jewellery. You can also email email@example.com with questions.
9 Lifetime Manufacturer’s Warranty
9.1 Should you have any concerns about your jewellery, we advise you to bring the piece in store or return to us via post for inspection by our production team. You should arrange an appointment to do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If your item is deemed to have a manufacturing defect, we will repair or replace the item accordingly.
9.2 If damage is not deemed to be a manufacturing fault, we will advise you about our repairs services.
9.3 You should be aware when buying diamond or gemstone jewellery that the naturally occurring stones can contain inclusions, irregularities in colour, size and shape and other individual characteristics. Some gemstones are softer than others and surfaces may scratch while pearls may lose their lustre if they are not suitably cared for. Such characteristics will not be deemed a defect.
9.4 As our jewellery is handcrafted jewellery, each item will have inconsistencies and irregularities even compared to another. Variation in craftsmanship is not deemed a defect.
9.5 Jewellery will be subject to wear due to normal, day-to-day activities and trauma. We do not provide a warranty to repair, replace or refund in the event of normal wear or loss of stones. If your stone appears to be loose, please bring your jewellery in for inspection.
9.6 Our warranty does not cover theft or loss, and we therefore advise you select an appropriate insurance plan to cover your item.
10 Conditions of the Manufacturer’s Warranty
10.1 As well as the aforementioned conditions, please be aware of the following conditions.
- Tara Lois Jewellery’ Manufacturer’s Warranty is only available to the original owner of the item, and for Tara Lois Jewellery-made items
- Any alterations made by jewellers other than Tara Lois Jewellery will void your warranty
- You must have your jewellery serviced by Tara Lois Jewellery no less than once every two years. Frequent inspections will likely prevent serious problems occurring in the future
- We recommend you arrange an inspection following any trauma to the jewellery, as soon as possible. The necessary repair may not be covered by the warranty, but we will advise on the best course of action
- Defects that occur when the item is in your care are not covered. Please note that discolouration can occur when exposed to certain chemicals, prongs can get caught and bent out of shape and stones can fall out when prongs are loosened, among other day-to-day issues. You should make yourself aware of how to best care for your jewellery, or contact us on email@example.com for advice